To see all the qoutes on my list goto the post titled Qoutable Qoutes.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Humility vs. Pride



I read an article called Spiritual Fireworks and How to Get Them at BitterSweetLife about humility, and while I don't think I have any new idea to add to the discussion I think just bringing the subject up is valuable. It seems in so many church circles we spend so much time talking about what we should be doing boldly, or demonstrating as a church what we call boldness that we forget that we should be humble. In some circles humility seems to be thought of as a negative trait instead of a characteristic Jesus often demonstrated. Is it possible bold has become a word we sometimes use to cover what is really pride? I wish I could muster something creative and powerful to say, but all that comes to mind is, "live generously and be humble." If I figure out how to pull that off I'll let you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

Hey Scott, I encourage you to keep thinking about the topic. Then you can join in on the Blogger Limelight discussion that just got started... :)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home